Here is my contribution to "The 52 cookbook pact". I hope I can keep up every Sunday with a recipe but will try my best. Thanks for hosting Ruchina :)
a copycat recipe of P.F.Chang's delicious appetizer, my style! My favorite dish to order whenever we visit there but I simplified the recipe to make it easy and quick for a lunch served on a bed of salad or as I did here, just on Romaine lettuce. Perfectly spicy mini satisfying lunch. Enjoy!
1. 12 oz medium sized Shrimp, frozen, pre-cleaned. Thaw, blot excess moisture.
2. Mix 2 tbsp Corn starch, 1 egg, 2tbsp Panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper, add in Shrimps, coat well.
3. Heat about an inch of oil, spread out Shrimps, cook both sides until crisp, keep them on a paper towel.
4. Beat 1/4 cup Mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp garlic pd, 1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce or more, 1 tsp Sesame oil, 1 tbsp sour cream or 1 tsp Rice Vinegar. Add crisp Shrimp, mix well.
5. Serve on a Romaine Lettuce or side salad, garnish with cilantro, Spring Onions, chilli flakes or more Sriracha for extra burn!
Adjust the ingredients as you like the dish to be to your taste, mild or spicy, any kind of oil of your choice, fresh or frozen Shrimp you want to use, all up to you. No hard and fast rules, basic sauce is usually deliciously spicy and creamy with Sriracha sauce and Mayonnaise.
Recipe is from one of the copycat cookbooks "Top Secret Recipes" by Todd Wilbur, where he tries to recreates our favorite restaurant dishes, my favorite is his copycat recipe for KFC Coleslaw! Of course, I always change the recipe slightly to suit my taste and to make it easier. Hope you enjoy.