Happy Valentine's day to all of you.
Have a great day. Love yourself, your family, neighbors and friends. Peace and love :)
Here is a heart shaped Strawberry Jam Donut cake I baked for Valentine's day. Also for my Sunday contribution for "The 52 Cookbook Pact" hosted by Ruchina.
Recipe is from "One Pot Chef", my favorite chef on youtube. I made half the recipe to make a smaller cake, double the ingredients if you want a bigger cake and can use a brownie pan. Thanks for the delicious and easy recipe, chef.
It's a cake which has a similar taste to Jam Donuts layered with Strawberry jam. Since it's baked, doesn't exactly taste like the regular Donuts which are fried but yummy and lot healthier than fried Donuts, so bake away and enjoy.
Strawberry Jam Donut cake:
1 cup self rising flour,
1/4 cup plain flour,
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp super fine sugar
1/4 cup oil,
1 egg, (or 2 tbsp apple sauce)
1/2 cup buttermilk, (or thinned Yogurt)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract,
Mix 2 tbsp water to 2-4 tbsp strawberry jam to make thin enough to spread and decorate.
1 tbsp, melt to brush on hot cake for shine.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar. (mix of 1 tbsp sugar pd, 1/2 tbsp sweet Cinnamon pd)
Preheat oven to 400F.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients well.
2. Beat wet ingredients well and add to dry ingredients and mix gently. Do not over mix. It's okay if you see few small lumps in the batter.
3. Spread batter on a lined brownie pan or any baking pan you like, spread half the batter, spread 3-4 tbsp thinned strawberry jam, spread rest of the batter gently on top to cover.
4. Add some jam on top to any shape you want, I did a heart for Valentine's day.
5. Bake at 400F for 25 to 30mins or until it's baked. Take out on a rack.
6. Brush with melted butter on top while hot, sprinkle cinnamon sugar.
You can use any kind of Jam or Jelly or Preserves you like instead of Strawberry Jam.
If you find the cake little dryer because of the self rising flour, prick the cooled cake with a knitting needle or something like that and drizzle cream or full cream mil in the holes. That will keep the cake moist.
If you don't have Self-rising flour, use this combination:
1 cup Plain flour, 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk well.
That's it, cool and store in airtight container until it's time to eat!