March 20, 2007

MIGAS OR SUNDANCE EGGS

Migas or Sundance Eggs is my contribution to "Weekend Breakfast Blogging #9" which was started by Nandita of "Saffron Trail".This month's host is Sig of "live to eat" and the theme is cooking with Eggs. Thanks for hosting Sigma!:)




Eggs: The eggciting and the incredible edible eggs as they say are a great source of protein.For more info about them,click on WIKI.




What's Migas/Migajas?
Migas/Migajas (or Sundance Eggs as it is called sometimes) is a tasty Tex Mex breakfast made popular by Spanish households in Texas,with crisp Tortilla topped with scrambled Eggs and assortment of vegs and served with re-fried beans.They also make this quick breakfast with either torn Tortillas or Tortilla chips and fry up with other ingredients or as dinner during Lent.(Robert Amaya) This recipe is adapted from a cookbook "The Tex Mex cookbook" by Robb Walsh.


Migas:




You Need:Makes two Migas



Two 6" flour Tortillas,1/2 cup Tomato chopped, few bottled Jalapeno rings,1/4 cup chopped white or Green onions,2 Eggs,cilantro, 1/2 tsp Mexican seasoning or cumin seeds pd,1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese.





Crisp the Tortillas on the pan by spraying oil or baking.Make scrambled Eggs with 2 tsp water and salt until done and keep aside.To make Migas, place a Tortilla on a place,spread 1/4th of cheese,and layer half of everything you have set aside ending with cheese on top.





Repeat with the other Tortilla and put them under the grill for few mins until the cheese melts.Serve immediately with chilled glass of juice.You don't need to add Re-fried beans to it in the weekday mornings,do ya?;P





Migas getting grilled!!





Vegetarians: Skip the Eggs and add sauteed bell peppers etc and do the rest as above.Hope you do try!:)

That was one great looking and tasty Migas we have ever had for breakfast.Hope you try them for your family!:))

33 comments:

Sig said...

Sundance eggs :) cute name... Looks great Asha...nice combination of yellow, green and red!

Richa said...

loved the grilling pic!!
all new dishes, will try the veg version sometime.
thanks

Kalinka said...

Hello
I'm here inviting you to a special party, today my blog kalinka´s birthday.
2 years writing for all friends.

A party - a social gathering for celebration and recreation.
I invite you to a smaller gathering.
Cocktails are served and women may choose to wear a cocktail dress.

Is in a special place in front of the ocean, the weahter is good.
I'm waiting for you.

FH said...

Thanks Sig.I enjoyed making a Spanish breakfast this time!:)

You are welcome Richa.Hope you do try the veg version:)

Hi Kalinka,congratulations on your 2nd blog anniversary,will visit you soon:)

Sharmi said...

waaawww!! so innovative! nice work Asha. btw what happened to foodiehope blog? I can not open it at all.
cheers
sharmi

FH said...

Thanks Sharmi!:))

FH is okay,I am still getting comments today!!Try a little later,may be just traffic.I just checked,nothing wrong.

USHA said...

Sundance Eggs...Hmm....name itself sounds great...

Again a wonderful entry for Sig's event...

FH said...

Hi Usha,thanks.Hope you make it on the weekend!:)

Anonymous said...

Looks totally yummy Asha, very savory and healthy for breakfast, or for anytime! Great idea and thanks for sharing it :)

J said...

Sundance eggs!! Thats an incredulous name! The lovely colours make me dance:)) Now I know what to do with left over chappatis :):) hope hubby is not reading this!!

FH said...

Thanks Linda,tastes great too.Good for weekend breakfast,leisure cooking:)

Hi J!HAHA!! Taste makes you dance too:))
It's Tortilla J which has more fat to crisp when cooked than our chapatis.Using thin Chapatis is a great idea too,try it.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Colorful, delicious, and with a name like Sundance, who could resist?;)

FH said...

HAHA!! Susan you are right, who could?!:))

Freya said...

Looks like the perfect breakfast to me!!

FH said...

It is Freya,peps you up in the morning!:))Thanks.

Kajal@aapplemint said...

looks like one hell of a breakfast ! very filling and yet tasty and easy to make.Have to make this for my hubby..."whats for breakfast honey... sundance eggs luv !

FH said...

HAHAHA!! I want to be there when you say that Kate!;)
Hope you do make them,they are delicious.

Sia said...

what? how did i miss ur beet and avo roties? mmm... u r too quick in posting the recipes. that is the reason;)
now never heard of migas(he he...funny mane isn't it? i almost read it as mruga;) i love peppers in all forms. looks quite colourful and delicious. thank god!!! unlike FH i am checking ur aroma after having my dinner:)

FH said...

I know! This week I had to post 4 posts so I can catch with dead lines.There are 2 more events just launched ,did you know? Phew!:)

HeHe! Mriga , Muruga whatever you call them is okay too.Try this on weekend for brunch,it will different but yummy.

Anonymous said...

Trisha definitely would be an intelligent hardworking girl, if her mother is so hard-working and intelligent...how can you cope up with all these food blog events , Asha... :-) You should get a medal for participating in all the events and everytime coming up with wonderful recipes...Is there any Medal like that girls ????

The spanish breakfast looks very healthy and delicious...thanxs once again Asha for sharing another tasty recipe..

-Sushma

Prema Sundar said...

Nice name for a lovely dish Asha. Pictures are wonderful and thanks for giving the vegetarian version too.

Unknown said...

WOw, how I wish someone would make me breakfast like that one! Thats the dressiest eggs can get Asha...great recipe...and truly Eggstraordinary :)

FH said...

Sush,you are making me run away and hide somewhere!:) I am not used to praises you know.It's true!!Thank you so much,I appreciate it.
I am skipping Kalyn's event this week,don't have enough time and I do feel bad.Weekly events are harder than monthly event.

You are welcome Prema.Enjoy the veg version too.This one is great for weekend breakfast!:)

FH said...

Hi Nandita,thank you!:))

Oops,I forgot to mention your name in there as creator of WBB! I will do it right away sweetie.Excuse me for that.

Hope you try this for Brunch on a weekend ,tastes great and you just need one each!Not that hard,do try! Hugs and have a great day!:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Asha!
I like eggs, but eggs don't like me, so I use it occasionally.
Your photos are very inspiring.
I love your inspiring and wonderful blog.
Peace to you!

sunita said...

Asha, I love this kind of dishes with lots of vegies incorporated in them to form a one-dish meal...thanks...

FH said...

Hi Krystyna,thank you!:)
You can skip Eggs and add any kind of vegs and beans you like too.Tastes equally good.

Hello Sunita,you are right.So many good things go in there,it feels good and it fills you up too for a brunch.Hope you try:)

Meeta K. Wolff said...

A brilliant recipe and I love the name - Sundance. I'll be emailing this to my better half - maybe he might surprise me with a Sundance!!

FH said...

HeHe!!! I hope he surprises you too Meeta!! Thanks buddy.Enjoy and have a great weekend:)

TNL said...

Ashaji:
ah..so these are the Migas..lovely! I can try the vegetarian version..I'll like that, I think..!

hugs,
trupti

FH said...

YUP!! Similar to Burritos with little twist!:)) Try the veg version,you will love it.Thanks T!

yum said...

Wow, you really find the best of all cuisines.

This looks delicious and simple. I bet a little salsa on top would be great too. :) mmmm

FH said...

Hi Yum,Thank you.Salsa would very nicely on top!:))